Who is John F. Moore?
Personal statement – Work Experience Highlights
First of all, I’m Canadian
I got my start in Animation media design when I worked/studied with industry pioneers at the Computer Graphic Lab, Old Westbury, New York. I was working on a ground breaking film called “Strawberry Fields,” a production that involved 2D/3D animation techniques. The computer Graphic Laboratory pioneered such tools as Tweening and Digital scanning and painting (these tools were incorporated into Flash and Photoshop). My roles were assistant animator, background/layout and effects animation. I worked/studied there from February
1988 to February 1991. I was also studying full time and received a BA in Fine Arts/Minor in Computer Graphics. Besides working on Strawberry Field, I worked on various traditional commercials for the Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey & New England)
The next stage of professional life was working at Universal Studios (forerunner of Amblin/Dreamworks SKG) were I was employed as a Effects Animator (Traditional). I worked on two titles – American Tail Two: Fievel Goes West(1991) and We’re Back! A Dinosaur Story (1993). I worked there supervising a group of assistants and inbetweeners of about 12 people. The effects department grew to about 80 people by the time I left for Canada.
After working at Universal Studios/Amblimation, I caught the computer graphics bug, so I decided to learn 3D Animation and was accepted into the 3D Animation program at Sheridan College, September 1993.
By 1994, I graduated and worked in the GTA working for Microforum and F/X Corporation. I was exposed to a working environment using PCs and Unix machines, learning 3D Studio R4 (forerunner of 3D Studio Max) and Softimage. I worked on a variety of kiosk applications, broadcast graphics and show applications (A/V presentations – Moore Business Forms, TD, Walmart US and a host of other large companies).
1995 – Northstar Studios – Game Animator – 2 games worked on – 3D Decathalon and Monstrous City – Unfortunately, they were never released.
1996 – Konami of America – Bottom of The Ninth – Cinematic Animator.
1997 – Graphic Motion Designer – Up In The Air Productions – Fremont Street Experience
1998 to 2000 – Gaming Artist/Animator/Designer – Acres Gaming – Las Vegas, Nevada Gaming Company – Plasma Screen animations, video
More recently in the last years I’ve been a Flash/Game Animator, Web Designer and Broadcast Motion Designer.
I’ve worked in animation, graphics and broadcast… Here’s my resume:
January 2011 to Present – Freelance Work – Toronto, Ontario
Illustrator/Animator Web/Graphic Designer
• Created websites, WordPress blogs, WordPress & Joolma themes
• Web/TV graphics – Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign, 3D Studio Max and After Effects
• Produced print materials (business cards, logos, flyers) for freelance clients
• Website maintenance, updated website content, Flash animations, banners, Database maintenance
January 2007 to November 5, 2010 – Stornoway Communications – North York, Ontario
• Web/TV Graphic Designer
• Produced on-air Broadcast Graphics
• Produced print materials for on-location events, well as promotional brochures and flyers
• Created and produced 3 monthly e-mail newsletters, as well as special events/bulletins
• In my spare time (at night and weekends), I’ve maintained numerous website based on WordPress. I have extensive experience in Plugins, Widgets and automated content.
August 2005 to November, 2006 – Netvisual Media Networks – Belleville, Ontario
• Sole designer of Plasma Screen advertisements for retailers and service providers in the Quinte Region,
• Done primarily in AfterEffects, Flash 8, Illustrator 10 and Photoshop CS
March 2005 to June 2005 – Iko-Software Technologies – Vaughan, Ontario
• Designed 10 Poker Games for downloading purposes,
• Worked on a 3D slot games, designed using 3D Studio Max and Photoshop
April 2004 to March 2005
Freelance Web Design in Eastern Ontario/Western USA
2001 – April 2004 - Z Touch Systems, Inc. - Las Vegas, Nevada
• Chief Designer of Sales and Marketing material (Brochures, Posters & Reports).
• Designed several large scale signs/print outs.
• Designed numerous websites and back ends for various clients.
• Solely responsible for the look and feel of the Z Touch Systems Virtual Private Network (enclosed Intranet). Designed it so it was dummy-proof.
• Created Logos/cash card designs for various clients such as Bluko, ZZ Cash, GPX Global Card and Cash Anywhere.
2000 – 2001 – Media Central Productions – Las Vegas, Nevada
• Chief Designer responsible for such Las Vegas clients as Fletcher Jones Toyota, Vista Chevrolet, Wheeler’s RV, Fletcher Jones Lexus and Las Vegas Athletic Club.
• Designed, created and maintained many client sites
• Worked on many newspaper ads for the Sonic Group Dealerships and Integrity Chrysler-Plymouth in Las Vegas, Nevada.
• Updated and maintained the company web site.
• Regularly designed billboard advertisements for the Las Vegas Valley.
• Created numerous 2D/3D corporate logos.
• Wrote creative copy for B2C brochures, newsletters and pamphlets
• Animated 2D & 3D Characters
1998 – 2000 – Acres Gaming Inc. – Las Vegas, Nevada
3D Graphic Artist
• Head Graphic Artist
• Pioneered the gaming graphics of Acres’ Bonus System via Plasma screens.
• Solely created graphics for 5 bonus games at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino.
• Created and came up with the game concept and graphics of Bulls Eye Bonus.
• Produced over 25 game ideas for Top Box Conversion Kits for the Bally 5500 Slot Machine
• Created 4 working Top Box Conversion Kits glass designs for the Bally 7200 Slot Machine.
1997 – 1998 – Up in the Air Productions – Las Vegas, Nevada
3D Graphic Artist
• Created undersea graphics for the Fremont Street Experience show – “The Rescue.”
• Created storyboards for the Fremont Street Experience show – “The Rescue.”
• Created 3D models for the Fremont Street Experience show – “The Rescue.”
1996 – 1997 – Komani Gaming of America – Buffalo Grove, Illinois
• Created Game Play Animations and Cinematics for the published title “Bottom of the Ninth 97 Edition” for the PlayStation 1 game console.
• Created 2D animations from their famous shoot-em up arcade games to the PlayStation 1 game console.
1995 – 1996 - North Star Studios – San Mateo, California
Computer Graphic Artist
• Created game play animations and cinematics for the following games: Monstrous City and 3D Decathlon.
Software – 3D Packages:
Discreet’s 3D Studio Max, Avid’s Softimage, Corel Bryce, Poser, Rhino 3D, some AutoCad and Swift 3D
Software – 2D Packages:
Adobe CS5, CS4…..
Adobe Photoshop/ImageReady, Illustrator and Streamline. InDesign, Macromedia Flash MX, Freehand,
Fireworks, Quark Xpress, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe PageMaker and D Paint.
Software – 2D Animation Packages:
Adobe AfterEffects, Premiere, Discreet’s Animator Studio, Macromedia Flash MX and Swishmax.
Software – Html Editors:
Microsoft FrontPage 2000, Macromedia Dreamweaver MX & Flash MX
Television Broadcasting & Film Design – Loyalist College – Belleville, Ontario
Technical Animation – Sheridan College – Oakville, Ontario
BFA in Fine Arts – New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury, NY
Computer Animation – Sheridan College – Oakville, Ontario